Anger Management – Group Services
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
This ten-week group therapy program is offered for men who wish to resolve problems either at work or at home due to problems associated with their anger and rage.
Participants will benefit from the following program objectives:
- detect cognitive distortion
- implement self-talk
- identify pre-violence cues
- utilize time outs
- become assertive
- develop their emotional literacy
- increase their empathy for others
- reflect on unresolved issues of anger from the past
- identify emotional triggers
- implement techniques of self-care and stress management
- maintain appropriate interpersonal boundaries
- understand the connection between anger and depression, addiction and other compulsive behaviour
An assessment interview is required before entry into the program as well as a one-on-one follow-up session after the program is complete.
This curriculum can also be covered through individual counselling for those clients who prefer this format.
Our fees are covered under most private insurance plans. Pre-payment for the assessment is required.
An individual assessment is a requirement before joining the program. Click here to arrange an appointment.
Clients will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before — it takes something from him.