Anger Management – Individual Services
Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
Our Individual Anger Management program parallels our Group Anger Management program. It is an alternative for men who prefer a one-on-one format or who require greater scheduling flexibility.
Individual Anger Management is offered to those men who wish to resolve problems within their home or work environment related to anger and rage. In addition to the initial assessment session, clients must commit to attending 10 individual counselling sessions scheduled at the client’s convenience.
Participants can expect to learn how to:
- detect cognitive distortion
- implement self-talk
- identify pre-violence cues
- utilize time outs
- become assertive
- develop their emotional literacy
- increase their empathy for others
- reflect on unresolved issues of anger from the past
- identify emotional triggers
- implement techniques of self-care and stress management
- maintain appropriate interpersonal boundaries
- understand the connection between anger and depression, addiction and other compulsive behaviours
Our fees are covered under most private insurance plans.
An individual assessment is a requirement before joining the program. Click here to arrange an appointment.
Pre-payment for the assessment is required.
Upon request, clients can receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
Their rage supplies them with weapons.