Men & Healing Phase II Services
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
This process-oriented group therapy program is designed for men who are on a journey of recovery from childhood sexual and/or physical abuse, and have graduated from our Phase I program. Guided discussion, experiential exercises, and group support assist group members towards their goals of healing.
Involvement in Men & Healing Phase II is based on clinical goals established by both the client and the therapist during the assessment interview. Based on the client’s goals, his progress is then monitored throughout the program. Clients sign up for 10-week cycles of group sessions, and these cycles can be renewed as need be. Clients are welcome to stay for up to two years in the program.
Phase II is dedicated to achieving the following objectives:
- Contain post-traumatic stress
- Manage regression and flashbacks
- Integrate childhood memories
- Express anger, shame, fear and other feelings safely
- Address the impact that the trauma has on family relationships
- Mourn one’s losses
- Take responsibility for one’s behaviour
- Become more aware of one’s body and breathing
- Practice self-care, curb self-injury and befriend the body
- Develop and share a testimony describing the impact of the abuse
- Practice trust building and develop mutual support
- Integrate issues of sexuality and sexual expression
- Rediscover fun and joy in life
Men & Healing Phase I is a prerequisite to entrance into Phase II. We recommend that group participants have individual counselling during this program.
If you are Phase I graduate, click here to register here for Phase II.
Our fees are covered under most private insurance plans.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.