This group therapy program is offered for men who wish to resolve problems either at work or at home due to problems associated with their anger and rage. The program is of a ten week duration and is held in Ottawa.
Participants can expect to learn how to:
- Detect cognitive distortion
- Implement self talk
- Identify pre-violence cues
- Utilize time outs
- Become assertive
- Develop their emotional literacy
- Increase their empathy for others
- Reflect on unresolved issues of anger from the past
- Identify emotional triggers
- Implement techniques of self care and stress management
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal boundaries
- Understand the connection between anger and depression, addiction and other compulsive behaviour
Each session is 1.5 hours and is held at the same time each week (usually evenings).