Training & Consultation for Service Providers
Since his involvement in co-founding The Men’s Project and 1in6 Canada, Rick Goodwin, MSW RSW has played a significant role in Canada and elsewhere providing training programs for counsellors, health care professionals and other service providers on issues of male sexual trauma, clinical engagement strategies, ending men’s violence, as well as other issues of concern regarding men and their families.
For close to 20 years, Rick and his colleagues have provided clinical training to community services, First Nations, and the public sector in most provinces and regions of Canada, including:
- The Alberta Association of Sexual Assault Centres
- The Cornwall Public Inquiry
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Safeguards Training for Children and Adult Services
- Office for Victims of Crime
- the Ontario Parole Board
- the Ottawa Hospital
- PEI Rape & Sexual Assault Centre
- Ministry of the Attorney General
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Abbotsford Community Services
- Rideauwood Addiction Centre
- The Homelessness Initiative
- M’Wikwedong Native Cultural Resource Centre
- Amelia Rising Sexual Assault Centre
- Ministry of Community & Correctional Services
- Department of National Defence
- Kitigan Zibi First Nation
- Akwesasne First Nation
Now, through menandhealing.ca, these training resources can be made available to your community. Enquires are welcome!
Through our partner organization 1in6 Inc., we have provided clinical training in the United States, for such organizations such as:
- Peace Over Violence, Los Angeles
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center, North Dakota
- Nevada Community Foundation
- Fort Campbell, US Army
- Fort Gordon, US Army
- Fort Bliss US Army, Texas
- Yokota Air Force Base, Japan
- Andersen Air Force Base, Guam
- Osan Air Force Base, Korea
- Elmendorf-Richardson Air Force Base, Alaska
- Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa
- Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
American enquiries for our training services should be made directly to email@example.com.
Our other international training initiatives have included:
- Survivors West Yorkshire, Bradford, UK.
- South-South Institute for Sexual Violence against Men and Boys, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- IWID/Womankind Worldwide, Chennai, India
For our training menu, please go here.
Presentations & Consultations:
Apart from training, we also provide conference presentations, clinical supervision services, program development coaching, and broader consultation on issues of concern to men and their families.
Some of our more recent conference presentations have included:
Men and the Criminal Justice System: The Confluence of Childhood Trauma and Masculinity. Workshop with Dr. David Lisak. Ending Violence against Women International, Seattle, 2014.
Strength & Courage: Addressing Men’s Experiences of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Keynote address shared with Steve LePore. International Study of Trauma & Dissociation, Long Beach, CA, 2014.
A Room of His Own: Building Male-Centred Spaces & Services for Survivors. Workshop, International Conference on Male Sexual Victimization, Newark NJ, 2014.
“In the Wake of Penn State” Shared plenary address, Ending Violence against Women International, Baltimore, 2013.
Please contact Rick to find out more about how we can bring our expertise to you.